All partners may select to sell their products internationally on the Red Hat
Marketplace. You can select which product(s) you want to sell in each
By default, all products are published in the U.S. marketplace catalog in USD.
By selecting a geography, your product will be available for purchase by customers from that geography (based on the customer billing address).
About this task
In this task, you will learn how to enable your product(s) to be available to be sold in multiple geographies. You will also learn how to complete and submit geography-specific tax forms for selling in that geography. Finally, you will learn how the price is converted automatically to the geography’s local currency when the product gets published on Red Hat Marketplace.
Review this page to understand how to set up a paid edition.
- Login to the Red Hat Marketplace partner portal and select the product you want to sell in another geography
- Click Edit on the Setup product pricing task.
- Scroll down to the Sell in other geographies section.
- Select all additional geographies you want to sell your product in, by clicking the checkboxes beside the listed geographies. NOTE: All your products are automatically listed to be sold in the United States. When you select a geography, all editions of the product will be available to customers from that geography.
The next section on the geography-specific tax forms will get populated based on the geographies you choose in the list above.
About this task
In this task, you will learn to identify and complete any geography-specific tax forms that are required.
- Click on the Complete geography registration button.
- Navigate to the International Selling page.
- Download the forms listed on this page for each geography.
- Complete and upload the forms to the Complete and upload section of their corresponding form section.
- After the forms are completed and uploaded, the forms are sent to the IBM Tax team.
- The tax team will review the forms, and contact you if any updates are required.
- After the forms are submitted, the geography will be marked as Enabled in the Editions editor.
About this task
In this task, you will learn how your product price will be set for each
geography. By default, your product will be published in the U.S. marketplace
catalog and you will set the list price for paid editions in USD.
The price in other geographies is converted to a local price in the designated local currency based on the USD list price. The currency exchange rate and local currency information is available in the “Currency Conversion guide”, available on the International selling page on the partner portal.
- Navigate to commerce model setup for a product edition to learn how to configure pricing for an edition and setting the price for the United States in USD.
- Verify that you can view the pricing on the preview page of the product by navigating to the product page and click on the Preview product button.
- Click Submit for review to send the listing details for review and publish.
- When the product is published, it will be available on the Red Hat Marketplace catalog for the selected geography in the local currency price.
To get more information on the geography expansion of Red Hat Marketplace, refer to the partner FAQ