Use Red Hat Marketplace to install your Operator onto your OpenShift clusters.
- Register your Open Shift cluster with Red Hat Marketplace
- Buy or try a product from Red Hat Marketplace
- On the main menu, click Workspace, click My Software, click on the product box, and then click Install Operator.
- On the Update Channel section, select an option.
- On the Approval Strategy section, select either
Manual. The approval strategy corresponds to the type of upgrades you would like for the operator.
- On the Target Cluster section:
- Next to Cluster Name, select the checkbox next to the clusters you want to install the Operator.
- For each cluster you selected, under Namespace Scope, on the Select Scope list, select an option.
- Click Install. It may take several minutes for installation to complete.
Red Hat Marketplace installed the Operator onto your selected clusters.
To verify that Red Hat Marketplace successfully installed the Operator onto your clusters, go to your OpenShift console. The Operator shows on the following OpenShift console pages:
- Installed Operators
The following describes options on the Install Operator page.
Note: descriptions provided by OpenShift
|Update Channel||When an Operator is available through multiple channels, you can choose which channel you want to subscribe to. For example, to deploy from the stable channel, when available, select it from the list.|
|Approval Strategy||You can choose Automatic or Manual updates. When you choose Automatic updates for an installed Operator, when a new version of that Operator is available, the Operator Lifecycle Manager (OLM) automatically upgrades the running instance of your Operator without human intervention. If you select Manual updates, when a newer version of an Operator is available, the OLM creates an update request. As a cluster administrator, you must then manually approve that update request to have the Operator updated to the new version.|
|Namespace Scope||Choose where to have the Operator installed either on all namespaces or individual namespaces, when available, to only install the Operator on selected namespaces.|
Red Hat Marketplace doesn’t support uninstall of an OpenShift Certified Operator from Red Hat Marketplace currently. You can uninstall an operator in the OpenShift cluster console.
- On the main menu, click Workspace, click My Software, click on the product box, and then click Operators.
- Click Cluster console next to the operator you want to uninstall to launch out to your cluster console.
- On the left nav, click Operators, and then click Installed Operators.
- Next to Project:, ensure the namespace where you installed the operator is selected, or choose all projects.
- Find the operator you want to uninstall, open the overflow menu, and click Uninstall Operator.
- Confirm that you want to Remove the operator.
Your operator will be uninstalled. Within 5 minutes, the operator will be removed from the list of installed operators in the My Software view in Red Hat Marketplace.
To start using a product from Red Hat Marketplace, go to your OpenShift console
and create an instance. Each product should have installation instructions to
follow. Cluster administrators may give additional users this ability by adding
edit role to the users using the following command:
oc policy add-role-to-user edit <user> -n <target_project>
For more information, view documentation on OpenShift.
For more information on data and messaging, refer to the Security section.