Red Hat Marketplace accounts are entities you associate marketplace users to. To try or buy products on the marketplace, or to receive a private offer, create an account.
Owner role and payment method
By default, Red Hat Marketplace assigns the Account owner role to the user who creates the account. The owner provides and maintains the payment method for the account. Red Hat Marketplace charges all purchases on the account to the payment method provided by the owner.
To try or buy products on the marketplace, or to receive a private offer, create an account.
About this task
All users are associated to at least one account. Before you create an account, ensure it’s necessary. For example, your co-worker may already have an account. You can ask your co-worker to invite you to their account instead of creating your own account.
- have a payment method ready
Note: Red Hat Marketplace charges all purchases on the account to this payment method, including purchases by users associated to the account.
- On the main menu, click Create Account.
- To authenticate your session, sign on to Red Hat Marketplace with one of the
following ID providers:
- Red Hat Login
- On the Get started! page, on the Account Logon section, verify the email address you used on the previous step shows.
- On the Billing information section, complete the fields, and then click Next.
- On the Payment method section, select an option, complete the fields, and
then click Next.
- credit card—pay with credit or debit card
- invoice me later—pay with purchase order
- Verify account information shows accurately, and then click Create Account.
You created an account.
The following tables describe fields that show on the create account workflow.
Billing information field descriptions
The following describes fields for billing information.
Note: billing information should be associated with your payment method.
|options are personal or company. Use to distinguishes accounts.
|shows on all user profiles associated to the account.
|only U.S. billing addresses are allowed.
|First and last name
|becomes your user name.
Payment method field descriptions
The following describes fields for payment method.
|IBM customer number
|unique number that IBM issues its customers during the post contract signing entitlement process.
|Purchase order number
|the number of the purchase order that you created with IBM.